The General Meeting is the highest governing body of the company. The Annual General Meeting is held once a year on a date determined by the Board of Directors, within six months of the end of the financial year.
Extraordinary General Meetings may be held during the year as necessary. In accordance with the Articles of Association, the General Meeting is held in Vantaa, Finland, which is where the company’s registered head office is located. A notice of a General Meeting of Shareholders and the agenda of the meeting are published in at least one Finnish-language national daily newspaper and as a stock exchange bulletin as well as on the company’s website.
The Annual General Meeting decides on the following matters:
- adoption of the income statement and balance sheet
- measures to be taken with regard to the profit or loss shown on the adopted balance sheet
- discharging the members of the Board of Directors and the CEO from liability
- number of Board members and their appointment
- election of auditors
- remuneration of the Board of Directors and auditors
- other matters specified in the notice of the General Meeting