G.O.L.D. Master Data keeps product information in check
Purchasers and product range managers use the G.O.L.D. Master Data application to manage uniform and real-time master data covering a store’s entire value chain.
G.O.L.D. Master Data covers products, suppliers, store networks, prices and customers. Real-time and uniform overview of master data is a must for efficient procurement, pricing, campaign management, imports and warehouse management.
G.O.L.D.’s master data is compiled from the G.O.L.D. Master Data module and Product Information Management (PIM) module.
The G.O.L.D. Master Data module manages organisational information: products for sale, suppliers and locations (stores, warehouses, distribution centres).
Combined with the Master Data module, G.O.L.D. PIM guarantees uniform and accurate master data: you get the right products in the right stores at the right prices.
The G.O.L.D. PIM module facilitates cooperation between retailers and manufacturers concerning product management. Users can quickly and efficiently create tailored workflows and processes for an unlimited number of products to support the business needs of each product group. The solution allows users to approve new products via a controlled electronic route while new product information is saved in workflows to await approval. Product information is imported either directly from the goods supplier or via a standard interface to the GS1 organisation database.
- Uniform master database covers suppliers, products, stores and other distribution networks, chain concept and region-specific prices and ranges, and customers.
- Can be integrated with other commerce-related systems via a standard interface
G.O.L.D. Store functions
Efficient store restocking with the G.O.L.D. solution
G.O.L.D.’s store functions take care of store restocking, goods reception in stores and store sales. Efficient restocking requires store-specific delivery times and dates agreed with goods suppliers, as well as automatic order suggestions for relevant dates and times.
It’s possible to either carry out goods reception automatically or, alternatively, use a hand-held terminal device after inspection. Stocktaking and adjustments are carried out using a hand-held device onsite rather than on a computer in the back room. This is all possible thanks to G.O.L.D.’s modular store function applications. The applications are easily integrated into other commerce-related systems, such as central warehouse operations.
- Automatic orders placed with suppliers on agreed order dates
- Reception, balance adjustments and stocktaking using a hand-held terminal
- Store sales at cash registers
- Centralised solution, does not require an in-store server
- Diverse and centralised discount pricing (mix & match)
- Designed for and used in daily consumer goods trade
- Developed in Finland
- Agile adaptation to fit customer needs via Solteq’s own resources
G.O.L.D. Sales forecasting
G.O.L.D. and other Symphony EYC systems help users better understand omnichannel customers’ purchasing behaviour and optimise stock levels to better meet customer demand. The G.O.L.D. sales forecasting system can be integrated with product presentation plans, supply chain, warehouses and restocking.
The G.O.L.D. sales forecasting system provides you with a business-essential and precise forecast of sales regarding both campaigns and standard sales. The system improves warehouse productivity by minimising capital committed to the warehouse and reducing operational costs: the right number of products in the right place at the right time.
G.O.L.D. sales forecasting significantly facilitates forecasting for new products:
- Products which feature similar consumer behaviour are combined within the same sales group
- New products quickly receive forecasts based on each product’s quantitative sales and seasonal variation in demand for the sales group
The system accounts for spikes in demand because of store-specific local events and events with a fluctuating date, such as Easter. The system significantly reduces losses – the forecast for the distribution of sales over different weekdays ensures correct restocking quantities for fresh goods.
- Forecasts for campaign and regular sales
- Local events are automatically taken into account
- Forecasts account for events with fluctuating dates
- Distribution of weekly sales is calculated for the days on which the store is open